This site is dedicated to providing information, facts, and definitions in regards
to gas leases including how they operate and how they should be approached.
Gas Lease Defined
Simply put, an oil lease is a contract between an owner and a company with working interest in the owners land. The lease typically grants the company the right to explore, drill, and produce oil for a specified amount of time or as long as there is oil to produce in payable quantitities. In exchange, the company proviudes royalty payments to the owner.
State Owned Gas Leases
Often times these lease sales are facilitated by the state where the resources lie. States like Louisiana and Alaska have existing leases with the oil industry, allowing them to derive millions of dollars in monthly revenue. Oil revenues actually allow the state of Alaska to pay out dividend checks to state residents (https://www.pfd.state.ak.us/).
Landowners and Gas Leases
If you have land that you believe could have resources that would be valuable to the oil and gas industry, consult your own state's guidelines for the proper next steps to be taken. Information on a PA lease, for example, can be found at the state's Department of Environmental Protection website. These sites will likely be able to answer your questions and provide you with the proper resources to faciliate establishing a lease.
Should You Sign A Gas Lease? Part 1
- 04/26/2011 - Sale of Oil Leases Planned for Gulf of Mexico
- 02/03/2011 - Ark City commission approves oil and gas lease
- 12/15/2010 - Fort Worth ISD Passes on Millions in Gas Lease Bids
- 11/18/2010 - Gas Lease Offer Denied
- 11/07/2010 - Madoff tied to Dallas County gas leases, trustee says
- 09/07/2010 - Revised lease form riles energy industry
- 11/03/2010 - Wyoming oil, gas sale lease nets nearly $14M
- 06/07/2010 - Towanda Borough taking steps to maximize revenue from gas leases
- 05/17/2010 - BLM Oil and Gas lease nets over $32 million; Wyoming to get nearly half
- 04/09/2010 - BLM Suspends Some Oil and Gas Lease Sales to Review Warming Impacts
- 03/06/2010 - Wysox Twp. agrees to gas lease, subject to conditions
- 02/03/2010 - BLM oil and gas lease sale nets over $2 million
- 12/10/2009 - US Interior Dept Gets $111 Million From Gulf Oil,Gas Lease Sale
- 11/24/2009 - Interior: Oil and gas lease plans include Alaska
- 08/16/2009 - First Gas Leases May Bind Owners
- 07/04/2009 - Gas-lease tips offered before you sign up
- 06/05/2009 - Discussion split on gas drilling
- 08/09/2008 - Gas drilling forum to focus on signing smart land leases in New York
- 07/31/2008 - Fulton County Extension Office urges Pennsylvania residents to attend gas lease workshop
- 06/30/2008 - Gas in Race for Hearts and Land
- 06/16/2008 - Gas lease coalition asks for confidentiality agreements before viewing lease
- MORE >>